WORLD'S BEST WORKFORCE
Under Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.11, school districts are to develop a World’s Best Workforce (WBWF) Annual Report and report summary for each school year. This summary should document the WBWF student achievement goals that were established last year, the strategies and initiatives that the district engaged in to meet the goals, and the subsequent progress made on those goals by the end of the school year. Districts will post their reports on the district website, and submit the summary report to MDE each year.
What is the World’s Best Workforce?
The World’s Best Workforce bill was passed in 2013 to ensure every school district in the state is making strides to increase student performance. Each district must develop a plan that addresses the following five goals:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All racial and economic achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.