USING THE "JORDAN TIPS" APP
STUDENTS - Want to Help the Jordan Police Department Keep Your School Safe? Now there’s an app for that! “Jordan Tips” App for Android and iPhone has been released.
The Jordan Police Department would like to remind our students and citizens that we launched new technology on August 24, 2015 allowing the public to share important public safety information anonymously with our police department by sending them a secure message about crimes or suspicious activity in Jordan via a free smartphone app, text messaging, and/or an online web page form.
Developed by tip411, the “Jordan Tips” app puts a powerful new crime-fighting tool into the hands of community members of all ages. The “Jordan Tips” app can be downloaded several ways:
- Free via the Google Play Store or iTunes App Store by searching “Jordan Tips”
- Visiting the "Submit a Tip" tab on the Jordan Police Department’s Facebook page.
“We believe the public is our greatest law enforcement resource and we are hoping that by providing a truly 100 percent anonymous pathway for our students and citizens to provide information to us that more students and citizens will come forward with important information when otherwise maybe they wouldn’t have. The technology from tip411 removes all identifying information before police see the tips and there is no way to identify the sender,” said Chief Empey. “Our “Jordan Tips” app, along with the tip411 anonymous text a tip system, will help our students and residents play a more active role in keeping our Schools and City safe.
In addition to the smartphone app citizens can submit tips anonymously two other ways:
- Text Messaging through a cell phone - Enter 847411 (tip411) as the recipient, then simply begin your narrative.
- Web Page Form – An anonymous web page tip form can also be submitted by going to the Jordan Police Department’s Facebook page - Jordan (MN) Police Department and then by clicking on “Submit A Tip”.
- Google Form – An anonymous form found on the City of Jordan website > http://jordanmn.gov/city-departments/jordan-police-department/police-services-and-events/tip411/
Chief Empey would like to remind everyone that the anonymous tips submitted through the app, text messaging and the web page form are not monitored 24 hours a day, and in an emergency situation or if an immediate police response is necessary always dial 911.
Those with questions are asked to call the Jordan Police Department at 952-492-2009.