This information is intended to provide updates on Jordan Public Schools' response plan to the outbreak of COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. The situation is evolving and information and recommendations are changing daily as new information becomes available.
Please refer to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the latest updates regarding COVID-19.
MDH Preventative Measures
While a new type of illness can be scary, we can protect our students, staff and the broader community by using simple everyday actions that protect people from other types of respiratory or flu-like illnesses.
- Stay home when sick with cold/flu-like symptoms (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Cover a cough. Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
FACE COVERING POLICY
MN DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (MDH):
- MDH: Get the facts on Coronavirus
- MDH: Symptoms and Testing
- MDH: What to do if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results
- MDH: If you are sick
- Call the MDH hotline: (651) 201-3920
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC):
- CDC: Get the facts on the Coronavirus
- CDC: How to protect yourself and others
- CDC: What to do if you are sick
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions
SUPPLEMENTAL DISTRICT QUICK LINKS