THE LAST DAY OF THE COVID-19 "eKIDS' CARE PROGRAM" IS THURSDAY, JUNE 4
Under the Governor’s Executive Order 20-02, free school age care for the children of emergency workers. These workers are categoried in two tiers per MDE. Tier I are emergency workers and Tier II Essential workers. For a detailed list of these two Tiers reference the Care for Children of Families of Emergency Workers MDE document.
COVID-19 eKIDS' CARE SURVEY AND REGISTRATION
Each week, we will survey families for the eKids' Care needs. This survey and registration process will allow us to properly plan for staffing and food for that week. Register using the button link below:
CARE OVERVIEW (see parent handbook for more)
- For your child(ren) to attend eKids' Care you MUST FILL OUT THE ONLINE WEEKLY REGISTRATION FORM BY THURSDAY (of the previous week) BY 8:00am.
- eKids' Care is open from 7:00am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday
- FREE care is from 8:00am - 2:45pm (school day hours)
- 7:00am - 8:00am (additional $9 fee)
- 2:45pm - 4:00pm (additional $9 fee)
- Busing will be provided to those that need (you must check that option on your registration form). Routes will begin at 8:00am.
- Verification of employment is required at the first child drop off.
- One lunch option will be offered for free to your student. Students may also bring a bag lunch if they prefer.
- Students will receive distance learning assistance if needed.
- Medication administration: eKids' Care CANNOT administer medicine without a medication permission form. Bring form, along with medication, on the first day.
- Review the eKids' Care Parent Handbook for more details about this program and child/parent expectations.
- All children (and adult dropping child off) attending eKids' Care will have their temperature taken upon arrival. For the safety of all, children with a temperature over 100 degrees (orally) will not be able to attend eKids' Care for that day.
- If a temperature is detected while at eKids' Care, we will use the following procedure.
With questions, please contact Jenna Wendorff, Director of Early Learning Services, at email@example.com or call 952-492-4336.
eKIDS' CARE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A: The "e" in eKids' Care stand for Emergency and Essential worker. Under the Governor’s Executive Order 20-02, school districts will provide school age care for the children of emergency workers. These workers are categoried in two tiers per MDE. Tier I are emergency workers and Tier II are essential workers.
A: These workers are categoried in two tiers per MDE. Tier I are emergency workers and Tier II are essential workers. For a detailed list of these two Tiers, reference the Care for Children of Families of Emergency Workers MDE document.
A: Free school age care, for ages "12 and under", will be provided by Jordan Public Schools for families of emergency and essential workers regardless of whether they have used Jordan Public Schools School-Age Care services in the past.
"12 and under" is defined as students currently enrolled in our school district from all-day preschool participants through age 12.
A: Yes. Your child will receive help with their distance learning plan. Families and staff will work together to help manage their learning during the day.
A: If you have questions, contact Jenna Wendorff, Director of Early Learning Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-492-4336.