LOW BALANCE NOTIFICATION PROCESS
We are happy to work with families that are struggling with their low meal balances. We have created a process that will help notify you of a low balance and also a process to collect unpaid balances. To avoid collection, we encourage you to contact Hope Mack at the district office at email@example.com or by calling 952-492-4221. We are happy to work with all families in all situations.
Step 1: Automated phone calls and emails for lunch accounts under $10.00
- Email on Wednesday morning; voicemail on Sunday night
Step 2: At the 1st of each month:
- Generate list for negative lunch account balances (under -$20.00)
- Mail first letter, as a reminder, requesting payment
Step 3: After 30 days
- For all accounts with a balance of -$50.00, or more
- Mail second letter requesting payment and stating intent to turn the debt over to our collection agency, specifying date of intent.
- Mail a 2nd letter for those between -$20.00 & -$49.99.
Step 4: After 60 days
- Forward debt to Advantage Collection Professionals for all accounts with a balance of -$50.00 or more.
Step 5: Adjust balance for all accounts that have been forwarded to Advantage Collection Professionals to a zero balance in Infinite Campus.
Step 6: This process will start over for these families if their accounts reach a balance of -$50 or more.