Your Post-Secondary Education Search

  • Thinking about what comes after high school can seem like a daunting task but there are many resources to get you started. What is most important is that you find what works best for you – a four-year college, a technical program, a big school, a small school – what matters is what's best for YOU! Click on the links on this page to start your search. The JHS counselor would love to help you as well. Don't hesitate to stop by or schedule an appointment.

Find Us on Facebook

What is Best For You?

  • 2-YEAR Colleges

    Technical colleges or career schools offer programs that emphasize hands-on knowledge and skills that lead to specific jobs in technical and industrial occupations. Instructors have solid experience in the occupations they teach. What you can earn:

      • Certificate (1 year or less)
      • Diploma (2 years or less) 
      • Associate in Applied Science (2 years)
      • Associate in Arts (2 years, some schools)

    Community and tribal colleges provide the first two years of a four-year degree. Graduates can transfer to a college or university to complete a bachelor’s degree. They also offer career-specific training and classes for students who need to brush up on basic skills. Some offer a chance to participate in athletics, clubs and activities in theater, music or the arts. What you can earn:

      • Certificates (1 year or less)
      • Diplomas (2 years or less)
      • Associate in Applied Science (2 years, some schools)
      • Associate in Arts (2 years)

    4-YEAR Colleges & Universities

    These colleges and universities offer a variety of undergraduate programs. Private liberal arts colleges often emphasize broad knowledge in the arts, sciences, social sciences and humanities. Admissions requirements vary by school, but the recommended courses will allow you to apply to many of them. On-campus housing is available on most campuses. What you can earn:

      • Bachelor’s degree
      • Master’s degree (some schools)
      • Doctorate degree (some schools) 
      • Professional degree (some schools)

    (taken from:


College Comparison Worksheet