HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER MAX CAMP
High School Camp (Male and Female)
Ages: Grades 9th – 12th
Date: June 10 – August 1 (off July 4th Week)
Days: Monday through Thursday
Time: 6:30am – 8:30am
Cost: $75 per athlete
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUMMER MAX CAMP
Middle School Camp (Male and Female)
Ages: Grades 5th – 8th
Date: June 17 – August 1 (off July 4th Week)
Days: Monday through Thursday
Time: 8:30am – 10am
Cost: $65 per athlete
ABOUT MAX PERFORMANCE
The ATTITUDE of a champion is developed through investing hard work with their team.
The development of the ability to overcome the physical, emotional, and subjective obstacles that will be presented through competition by maximizing STRENGTH and POWER.
The maximization of SPEED and AGILITY to learn to play as fast as we individually can.
The development of "Athletes" is dependent on the ability of each individual to increase their rate of performing work or their ability to be EXPLOSIVE.
A team that trains together wins together.
- The program is designed to help each athlete enhance their overall athleticism.
- This is not a power lifting program. This is an ATHLETE program.
- Our focus is on providing Jordan Athletes with the tools necessary to excel in athletic competition, and compete for Championships in all we do.
- We will focus on developing the athlete’s strength, power, speed, flexibility, agility, explosiveness, and core strength.
- There will also be components designed to develop team unity, mental toughness, and leadership.
- Athletes will be educated on the importance of exercise, rest, injury prevention, and nutrition to help prepare them not only for athletic competition, but to lead a healthy life style.
The program is divided into five segments worked daily:
- DYNAMIC POWER UP is a warmup routine designed to promote flexibility while prepping the athletes for the explosive movements to follow.
- STRENGTH & POWER component conducted in the weight room.
- EXPLOSIVE MOVEMENT combines plyometric and multi joint movements to enhance the athletes fast twitch muscles.
- SPEED & AGILITY will focus on straight line and multi directional speed.
- COMMITMENT PERIOD is the final component each day that will emphasizes mental toughness, teamwork, and core strength.
THE VARSITY LETTER
Participants in the program may be eligible for a varsity letter if:
- Entering grade 9-12 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Attend a minimum of 22 of the 28 scheduled summer Workouts.
- Perform at an exemplary level for all attended workouts.
- Demonstrate a mastery of the five core lifts (Bench, Squat, Power Clean, Dead Lift, Snatch)
- Demonstrate a mastery of the plyometric, speed and agility movements.
WHAT WE DO
This Camp is designed for Girls and Boys entering 5th-12th Grade. The focus of the program is to teach proper technique before all else. This includes weight room technique on our five core lifts, proper dynamic warmup technique, efficient running form, and proper static stretch methods. This camp will be divided into groups based off mastery of techniques to ensure proper instruction to all athletes as they are guided towards reaching their fullest potential. This is a great opportunity for young athletes to grow individually and together as the future of Jordan Athletics.
WHY WE DO IT
We believe very strongly that strength and speed development is a key component for building a dynamic athletic program. For Jordan to become the top athletic program in the state of Minnesota the key will be our student athletes commitment to the MAX Athletic Performance.
BRING YOUR EFFORT
- One thing that all Jordan programs will be known for is outstanding EFFORT.
- While our ability will vary from 5th grade to 12th grade our EFFORT is something that will always set us apart.
- Students should report to the Ames Field on the High School Campus.
- Each athlete should be prepared with proper attire (Shorts, shirt, and athletic shoes)
- Any questions regarding the camps should be directed to the Jordan Community Ed (952)-492-6211)
- All participants should notify the staff on days they will not be attending.