SPEECH PRACTICE SCHEDULE INFORMATION
Practices are 1x a week for approximately 25 minutes with a coach, the same time and same day every week.
PRACTICE STARTS: Jan 6th
2020 SCHEDULE Link to a printable schedule is here.
2020 EVENT DATES
- SUNDAY MARCH 8th: Community Showcase: 6:00pm at JHS- This is an opportunity for you to perform your speech(es) for your family and friends. It is also right before conference and sections and will help us to prepare for that competition.
- Sunday, May 3- Speech Banquet @ JHS Commons, 5:30pm.
- Fall Workshop Friday, November 1st JHS Commons. 2:30p-6:00 pm for everyone.
Alternate date: Wednesday, October 30th, 3:15pm Mrs. Peters’ room (must have approval from Coach Peters to attend the alternate session).
- Parent/Student/Coach Meeting: Thursday, November 7th at 6:00 pm at JHS.
- Fall Check-ins November 20-27: Sign up for a 15 minute check in time with a coach to go over the progress you have made on your speech since the workshop.
- Fall Ice cream party and category chat Friday December 13th : This is a team bonding and check in event. We will provide ice cream and students will meet in their category groups to share their progress with their speeches. 3:15-6:00 @ JHS.
- Friday, January 3: Home scrimmage after school. Rounds will start at 4:00 pm. All students perform their speech or speeches.
- January 6-10: Practice starts this week. Practices are once a week, same time, same place, same coach.
Feb 1: TCU Bus leaves (all compete) at 7:30 am (SECTION ONE ACT)
Feb 6: SSP- Jr. High(grades 7-9 only): bus leaves at 2:00
Feb 8: Home (all compete). Be here by 7:30 am
Feb 11: New Prague: Jr. High(grades 7-9 only): bus leaves at 2:45
Feb 15: Farmington (all compete) Bus leaves at: 7:00 am
Feb 20: Jordan: Junior High (all need to help)(grades 7-9 only): Be at high school at 3:00pm
Feb 22: Mankato East, bus leaves at: 6:45 am (Varsity or invite only) ***TENTATIVE DATE and LOCATION
Feb 29: St. Anthony (Varsity or invite only), Bus leaves at: 6:30 am
Mar 3: Watertown Mayer Jr. High(grades 7-9 only): bus leaves at 2:15
Mar 7: Shakopee (all can compete) Bus leaves at: 7:30 am (last meet for non-varsity competitors.)
Mar 8: (SUNDAY): Community Showcase at 6:00 pm @ Jordan High School
Mar 14: CONFERENCE (Top students in each category compete- all attend)
MONDAY MARCH 16: No Practice unless specially scheduled.
Mar 17: SUB-SECTIONS @ Minnetrista (Top students in each category compete- all attend)
Mar 21: New Ulm CANCELLED
April 4: Sections @ Mankato West (Those who placed at Sub-Sections compete- all can attend) Bus leaves at: TBD (afternoon start time)
April 18: State at Wayzata High School (all can attend) Bus leaves at: TBD
Jan 18: Long Lake(odyssey) (MRC ONE ACT FESTIVAL WEEKEND-non competition one act kids can compete). Only those who are ready will compete here. SNOWED OUT
***Still awaiting confirmation on most of these dates and locations.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA