Welcome to Grade 2 Distance Learning!
Grade 2 Welcome Letter (English) (Español) (русском)
As part of the district’s distance learning plan, your second grader will be asked to work on a variety of learning activities by using a Weekly Learning Plan. You will find these in the quick links below.
- We are asking for your child to complete at least 3 activities from each subject area per week.
- Students who see special teachers for reading, math or EL need to refer to the link in the Learning Plan under J.W.I.N for differentiated group instruction. You can also click here to access their site.
We understand that each family has different resources (time/attention) and we know that distance learning may look different to all of us, but try your best to help your child navigate the material the best way you know how. Each family may not be able to have a Monday-Friday academic week or be able to work during the typical academic times of the day, but make it work for your family structure.
- 2nd Grade At Home Learning Guide for Parents
- Storyline Online
- Prodigy Math
- Epic Books
- National Geographic for Kids
- PBS Kids
- S.M.A.R.T Room
- Capstone Library
- Scholastic Book Orders
- Scott County Library
- Health Power Kids
- Toy Theater
- Mystery Science
- Video Read Alouds
- More Math Sites
- Decorah Eagle Cam
- Phonics Websites
- Books Onine Websites
- Mrs. Nefstead's Mindfulness Resources
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Students will be considered present, unless indicated by parent/guardian via phone call to the JES attendance line.
- We encourage families to call the attendance line during an illness as it helps teachers understand the absence of participation in that day's learning.
- JES attendance line: 952-492-4444
ASSIGNMENTS AND CONTACT
- UPDATE: So families may prepare if they choose, lesson/choice boards for the upcoming week will be updated by Friday at 3:30pm.
- Teachers will be available to answer questions via email from 8am - 3pm, Monday - Friday.
- If you email after 3pm, you may not receive a response until the next day.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us via email with any questions along the way. We will be available between 8am and 3pm Monday - Friday. Find teacher emails on the Our Teachers page.
The Grade 2 Team