DISTANCE LEARNING EXPECTATION FOR GRADE 3
Distance Learning involves planned online or teacher-prepared lessons that students complete when away from the physical school building. Using one-to-one devices, Jordan Public Schools (JPS) recognizes that education can continue even when students and teachers are not in the same location. Along with emphasizing the value of learning, using Distance Learning encourages character growth in the areas of self-sufficiency, adaptability, and perseverance.
All students will participate in a daily Morning Meeting to set routines and focus on social and emotional learning. Students will receive daily synchronous reading and math instruction to prioritize student learning in the core areas. Science and Social Studies lessons will be completed asynchronously via Google Classroom and/or SeeSaw with project-based instruction being the focus. Students will participate in weekly specials through a recorded asynchronous lesson with feedback to guide learning provided. Students will receive regular narrative feedback, via Zoom meetings or through a virtual platform such as SeeSaw or Google Classroom.
ELEMENTARY ATTENDANCE WILL BE TAKEN
- Attendance WILL BE TAKEN during the synchronous (live) class offerings.
- Families will need to call the attendance line during an illness as it helps teachers understand the absence of participation in that day's learning.
- JES attendance line: 952-492-4444
TEACHER CONTACT INFORMATION
- Teachers will be available to answer questions via email from 8am - 3pm, Monday - Friday.
- If you email after 3pm, you may not receive a response until the next day.
The Grade 3 Team
Greg Dietel | firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Houle | email@example.com
Taylor Soine | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherie Stemig | email@example.com
Laura Theis | firstname.lastname@example.org