Member Terms and Agreement: By signing up for a membership you agree to these terms and agreements.
- Monthly Membership Payment/Cancellation
All monthly memberships will be set up on an auto-renewal. To cancel, members must complete a MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION FORM and submit it to Community Ed & Rec, along with security fob(s), 5 days prior to the expiration date.
- Annual Membership Cancellation – Qualifying Events/Change in Status
Failure to use the facility will not relieve you of the obligation to pay any balance due on your membership fees and/or forfeit the balance of time remaining on the terms for the membership agreement unless member can identify one of the following qualifying events have occurred: death, moved out of Jordan, change in familial status, employment change, or change in insurance benefits. In this case, member must complete a MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION FORM and submit to Community Ed & Rec, along with security fob(s).
- Facility Usage
- Proper conduct. We strive to provide a safe, fun, family-oriented environment. We expect proper, respectful conduct on the premises at all times. We do not permit disrespectful conduct toward members, guests, or employees. Misuse of equipment or facilities is not tolerated and may result in suspension of privileges.
- Entrance. All members and guests are to check in at the front desk. Access to the fitness center requires a membership card to be swiped upon entry. If you lose your membership card, you will have to pay a fee to replace it.
- Proper attire. Proper workout attire is required. A shirt or tank top is mandatory. Clean, non-scuffing, closed toe athletic shoes must be worn. Barefoot is not allowed and street shoes are unacceptable.
- Equipment. Be respectful of the equipment and other patrons. Please wipe down exercise equipment with disinfectant spray after use. Report any broken, damaged, or unsafe equipment to CERC staff immediately.
- Personal belongings. Please store all workout bags, coats, and personal belongings in a locker or cubby. Jordan Community Education and ISD 717 is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Members and guests should store valuables in a locker. There are lockers available for daily use. Locks are not provided.
- Electronics. Keep personal audio devices at a respectable volume level and limit cell phone use while working out.
- Tobacco, alcohol and drugs. Use of any tobacco or electronic cigarette products on ISD 717 grounds, including any outdoor areas (sidewalk or parking lots) is prohibited. You may not consume alcohol on any school grounds. You may not use equipment, services, or programs while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Center closure of access restriction. We reserve the right to close or restrict access, without advance notice, to any area or the entire center for any reason including, but not limited to construction, remodeling, repair, or health and safety reasons including, but not limited to weather, natural disasters, power outages, and medical issues. Your obligation to pay membership dues is not dependent upon usage, availability, or access to the center.
- Personal training. Members may not solicit or conduct any personal training on the premises, with or without compensation. CERC retains sole discretion to determine whether a member or guest is engaged in personal training.
- Solicitation. No loitering or soliciting of any kind or purpose. All advertising requests must be approved by Community Ed & Rec Director.
- Weapons. You may not bring or use weapons of any kind on the premises.
- Key Fob. You may request a security fob to utilize the facility during fob access hours. This requires a $10 deposit and the individual to be 18 years of age. Fob access will be terminated due to misuse.
- Fitness Center
The fitness center is available to adults and youth aged 12 years and older. No one under 12 is allowed in the fitness center. Youth members ages 12-13 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian or authorized supervisor. 14+ year olds are allowed in the fitness center without any parental supervision as long as they are abiding by all rules.
- Field House
The field house is open to members and paid guests during CERC hours. YOUTH UNDER THE AGE OF 8 REQUIRE DIRECT SUPERVISION BY A PARENT, LEGAL GUARDIAN OR AUTHORIZED ADULT WHILE IN THE CERC. Youth over the age of 8 will be allowed to play independently as long as an adult is in the CERC; however, if they cannot manage their behavior and follow rules, those privileges will be revoked. Hanging on or grabbing basketball rims/nets and volleyball nets is prohibited at all times. All running, tagging, ball throwing is to be confined to the field house. The four-lane track may be used for both walking and jogging. Walkers are asked to please use the inside lanes and joggers use the outside lanes. Strollers with clean rubber wheels are allowed on the track. You may not organize your own informal or formal sports leagues, tournaments, or programs, including but not limited to basketball, tennis, and volleyball.
THE MEMBER AGREES to abide by all facility policies and procedures and CERC rules. Because exercise can be strenuous and subject to risk of serious injury, ISD 717 urges you to consult a physician before beginning any exercise program. You, the member, agree that if you engage in any physical exercise or activity, or use any of the fitness center equipment in the facility, you do so entirely at your own risk. This includes without limitation, your use of the locker rooms, parking area, sidewalk area, or any equipment in the fitness center, and your participation in any activity, class, program, or instruction. You agree that you are voluntarily participating in activities and the use of the facility and assume all risks of injury, illness, damage or loss by theft of any personal property. You release and discharge ISD 717/Jordan Community Education and Recreation Center and all affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, successors, or assigns from any and all claims of action. The agreement, waiver, and release of liability include, without limitation, all injuries to you, which may occur, regardless of negligence: as a result of (A.) your use of the exercise equipment, (B) the sudden and unforeseen malfunctioning of any equipment, (C) our instruction or supervision and (D) your slipping and or falling while in the facility, or on the ISD 717 premises. Should any part of this agreement be found unenforceable the remaining parts shall remain enforceable. Member also agrees no other representation is made than what is agreed herein writing. Failure to use the facility will not relieve you of payments. You acknowledge that you have carefully read this agreement/waiver and fully understand that it is a release of liability. You agree to voluntarily give up any right that you may otherwise have to bring legal action against ISD 717 for negligence, or any other personal injury or property damage or loss action. Cancellation must be in writing.
The member is entitled to a completed and signed copy of this agreement upon their request. By signing this agreement, member acknowledges that (A) the agreement is a contract that will become legally binding upon its acceptance by CERC, (B) the agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements, written or oral, with respect to the subject matter, except in the case of a signed promotional offer where the terms and conditions of the promotional offer will be an amendment to this agreement, (C) CERC makes no representations or warranties to member, either expressed or implied, except to the extent expressly set for in this agreement.
- Monthly Membership Payment/Cancellation