Distance Learning Instruction for Grade 4
Grade 4 Welcome Letter (English) (Español) (русском)
We hope you had a wonderful spring break! Although we are all feeling super bummed about not being back in our school, we will all be back together again online. On Monday, March 30, we will kick off our Distance Learning Model. Below, you will find an outline for what we have going on this week (this is a great reference for you and your child). Please have your child refer to their homeroom teacher’s Google Classroom page for daily instructions and details.
How Distance Learning will work for Grade 4:
- Each week we will email a newsletter with the outline for the week
- Students will need to sign into their Google Classroom to complete the assignments.
- Teachers will post by 8am on Monday with the suggested daily pacing guide.
- Students will have seven days to complete the assignments for the week.
- Students will need to submit any assignments on the ‘TURN IN’ button found on the actual assignment link.
- Teachers will be available via email, Google Chat, and comments from 8am-3pm Monday - Friday.
- Please check in regularly with your child and always ask for clarification on anything.
We know that these next couple weeks will have kinks and hurdles, but we are confident that this Distance Learning Model will become smoother and more comfortable as the days go on. We look forward to having everyone back in class!
DIGITAL LEARNING EXPECTATIONS FOR GRADE 4
- Students will be considered present, unless indicated by parent/guardian via phone call to the JES attendance line.
- We encourage families to call the attendance line during an illness as it helps teachers understand the absence of participation in that day's learning.
- JES attendance line: 952-492-4444
ASSIGNMENTS AND CONTACT
- UPDATE: So families may prepare if they choose, lesson/choice boards for the upcoming week will be updated by Friday at 3:30pm.
- Teachers will be available to answer questions via email from 8am - 3pm, Monday - Friday.
- If you email after 3pm, you may not receive a response until the next day.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us via email with any questions along the way. We will be available between 8am and 3pm Monday - Friday. Find teacher emails on the Our Teachers page.
The Grade 4 Team