Kids' Company – Parent Handbook
Before and After School Program
Phone: (952) 492-4261
Ages: PreK – 6th Grade
Location: Jordan Elementary School
HOURS OF OPERATION:
AM Session / 6:00am – 8:00am
PM Session / 2:45pm – 6:00pm
AM hours INCLUDES BREAKFAST
6:00am – 8:00am $9.00
PM hours INCLUDES SNACK AND MILK
2:45pm – 4:30pm $9.00
2:45pm – 6:00pm $12.00
- Annual Registration Fee: $50 per student
- You must complete a contract of hours / days and pay that amount each month.
- If you prefer a flexible schedule contract, it must be submitted monthly or weekly the Thursday before.
- A $25 fee will be applied if a schedule has not been submitted on time.
- Payment due each month or a late fee is applied.
- Payments are made on our online system through Community Education.
LATE PICK UP:
Kids Company closes promptly at 6:00pm. If a child is not picked up by 6:00pm a fee of $1.00 per minute will be charged for the first late pick up. On the second late pick up, a $5.00 per minute will be charged. On the third late pick up, a $10.00 per minute will be charged. If additional late pick ups occur, parents will be contacted to make other arrangements.
A calendar is provided at the beginning of the school year of Kids Company closings.
SUMMER LATE PICK UP: Summer Kids Company closes promptly at 5:00pm. If a child is not picked up by 5:00pm a fee of $25.00 will be assigned to your account.
DROP-OFF POLICY: Escort child to room and sign in
PICK – UP POLICY: Sign child out
Send only authorized people to pick up your child
- Kids’ Company will be opened on specified non-school days.
- Open 6:00am – 6:00pm
- Don’t attend? ---- No Charge if coordinator is informed in advance.
- Additional charges on field trip days or special party days.
- KIDS’ COMPANY accepts children with special needs if staff is able to care for the child’s needs in a GROUP setting. Parents must make known the special needs before enrollment to enable us to determine if we are able to provide the care needed
- If KIDS’ COMPANY has not been notified in advance of a child’s special needs and it is determined that we are not able to care for the child for the benefit of the child and/or Kids' Company, termination may be necessary.
- KIDS’ COMPANY does NOT do 1 on 1 care, however if your child is in need of 1 on 1 support, the district 717 will provide such care.
- KIDS’ COMPANY does NOT take drop-ins
FOCUS OF KIDS' COMPANY:
- Developing new friendships
- Working cooperatively in group situations
- Gaining respect for others
- Developing greater self-confidence
- Chance for supervised fun and play
- Life threatening emergencies – 911 will be called and child will be taken to nearest hospital. Parents will be called as soon as possible.
- Injuries (bumps, cuts, falls) – staff will administer basic first aid. Parents will be called if necessary.
- If child is ill, parents will be called to pick up child.
- Only prescription medicines in original bottle may be administered and only if parent and/or doctor have filled out a medical permission form.
- Parents should notify us if child comes down with contagious disease.
SNOW DAY POLICY
- If school is closed – Kids Co is closed for the day.
- If school has a late start – Kids Co will open at regular time.
- If school is dismissed early – Kids Co will close 1 hour after school closing.
- (Normal payment required)
- If school closes after 7:00am and your child has already arrived you will need to pick up your child within the hour as Kids Co will close as well.
KIDS’ COMPANY MISSION STATEMENT:
- Kids’ Company mission is to provide school-age children a safe and constructive environment offering recreational and enrichment activities giving each child the opportunity for growth in the areas of positive social skills and personal development.
- Kids’ Company staff and children work and play under the guidance of the Golden Rule: “Treat Others How You Want To Be Treated”
- KIDS’ COMPANY accepts children of all races, creeds, or national origin
- Construction toys
- Puzzles and games
- Crafts and coloring
- Creative play
- Outdoor and gymnasium play
- Field trips on no-school days
$10.00 childcare fee will be charged if your child is expected at KIDS’ COMPANY (in the afternoon) and you have failed to tell us he/she will not be here (Telling the teacher or school office is not enough – We DON’T get the message!)
To avoid childcare fee:
Leave a message on KID’S CO. phone before 2:30pm at 952-492-4261 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:30pm
DISCIPLINE: (Also see mission statement)
The following is a list of unacceptable behaviors and may be cause for dismissal:
- Physical aggression
- Verbal aggression
- Foul or abusive language
- Willful destruction of property
- Endangering others
- Rude and discourteous conduct
- Disrupting group activates of others
- Refusing to obey teachers
KIDS’ COMPANY follows school policy of ZERO TOLERANCE of any weapon
We have designed rules based on promoting child safety and positive learning experiences. We strive on the behavior philosophy of Love and Logic. This philosophy enables the childcare providers and children to share control and decision-making while improving self-concept, behavior, and achievement for each child. It empowers children to learn from their mistakes and gain responsibility over their own choice. We have designed our rules at the children’s developmental level. Our goal is to intervene and redirect to change the course of behavior before a rule may be broken. We believe in praising appropriate behavior and being positive role models. We expect our students to display J-Town Pride, which is the model of Jordan Elementary’s Safe, Respectful, and Responsible behavior.
When an inappropriate behavior occurs these are the steps that will be taken:
- Children are given a warning.
- Children are asked to take a break from the activity.
- An email is composed to parents with the child to make them aware of the situation.
- If behavior continues, a meeting is scheduled to determine a plan of action. Kids’ Company may not be suitable for all children.
Prior to suspension or termination of care, our staff will ensure that all options have been exhausted.
All staff of KIDS’ COMPANY are required by State Law to report any suspicion of abuse or neglect to the local law enforcement agency
RIGHT TO TERMINATE:
KIDS’ COMPANY reserves the right to terminate child care services when a child exhibits repeated unacceptable behavior or is a danger to themselves or others, without prior notice of intent.