ECFE (EARLY CHILDHOOD FAMILY EDUCATION)
What is ECFE?
Early Childhood Family Education is a program for District 717 parents and their infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. We have weekly classes and special events designed especially for families.
Who is it for?
Our program is for all moms, dads, and their children from birth up to kindergarten. Whether you are a single parent, a teen parent, a stay-at-home mom or dad, or an employed parent, you are invited to come to our classes. You attend this program with your child.
Why should I come?
Being a mom or dad is one of the most important jobs you will ever have. Come and share information with other parents about raising your child(ren). Come to learn more about your child(ren) and more about you. Come to meet other parents and learn that you are not alone in the challenging and sometimes frustrating job of raising children.
- Parents and children enjoy learning together.
- The goal of most parents is to raise happy, healthy children.
- Parents are interested in information regarding the development of their child.
- The development of feelings, self-worth, confidence and self-esteem are essential in parent and child relationships.
- Children need to learn how to explore, participate and cope with the challenges of the future while enjoying the joys of childhood.
- Children are born into the world ready to learn.
- Children learn in comfortable, secure, loving environments.
- Parents are their children's first and long-range teachers.