As Jordan Public Schools plans for the start of summer 2021 programming and activities, we are committed to keeping our families, staff, students, and community members informed. While there are still many uncertainties regarding what the upcoming school year will look like, we are hard at work to ensure our students continue to have access to a high-quality educational experience.
This web page serves as a hub for updates related to the latest COVID-19 protocols. The situation surrounding COVID-19 is evolving with time. We will regularly update this page as our plans continue to take shape. We encourage you to keep checking back for the latest information.
HIGHLIGHTS AND UPDATES
UPDATE 07/29/21: UPDATE - BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
We want to make sure there is no confusion for our families now that the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) shared their guidance for the school year. As there are no new requirements noted in the updated MDE guidance, and our recommendations are in alignment with the MDE guidance, we do not anticipate any shifts at this time in our planning as communicated in our previous update. We added one point of clarification pertaining to vaccinated individuals. This is highlighted in the communication. Learn more.
UPDATE 07/27/21: BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
With the school supply displays and ads out in full force, we know that many of our families are thinking about Back to School! While we continue to prepare for our students and staff and await updates on formal guidance, we want to share our planning at this time based on the most current information we have. We hope you find this update helpful! Learn more.
UPDATE 06/16/21: SAFE LEARNING PLAN - COMMUNITY RESPONSE
Jordan Public Schools is seeking feedback as we develop our plans for the 2021-2022 school year. This learning plan is subject to requirements and guidance from the Minnesota Department of Education and the Minnesota Department of Health. Thank you for your support and patience as we navigated this school year together. We look forward to a safe and full return to school this fall. Public Comment Form Link.
UPDATE 02/17/21: LEARNING MODEL CHANGE TO AFFECT GRADES 7-12
Grades 7-12 to return to in-person learning on Wednesday, March 3. Learn more.
UPDATE 12/22/20: "ROLLING START" CALENDAR ANNOUNCED
So families can plan accordingly over break, this communication will provide 1) a calendar link for the “rolling start” dates and 2) “no school” dates for previously scheduled professional development and learning model teacher transition days. Learn more.
UPDATE 11/12/20: DISTRICT ANNOUNCES LEARNING MODEL CHANGE
Tonight, district leadership presented a plan for a learning model shift to the Jordan School Board. With a growing number of positive COVID-19 cases in Scott County, increased community spread, and an increased number of school staff being directly impacted by COVID-19 isolation and quarantine, which affects our daily operations, a decision has been made to move to a Distance Learning Model for all students in grades K-12 effective Monday, November 23, 2020. This decision is not made lightly as we know it impacts students and families. To inform this decision, our district COVID-19 Leadership Team reviewed state and county data and trends, as well as local data (number of positive cases, quarantines, and ability to safely staff our buildings). Learn more.
We have developed a robust Health and Safety Roadmap for our district families, students, and staff. These health and safety protocols, like those implemented throughout our community and state, will help minimize risks for our students, staff, families, and community members. Learn more.
Today the district announced "Return to Learn: Orientation Week." The first week will look different than usual. Students and staff have been out of the physical classroom setting since March 18, 2020, and when they return to the classroom, the structures will have changed into a hybrid learning environment. Jordan Public Schools will bring students together on these very special targeted days throughout the “Return to Learn: Orientation Week” to focus on returning to this new learning environment while transitioning students back to school. Learn more.
- 29 July 2021 - Public Communications – Update - Back to School Information
- 27 July 2021 - Public Communications – Back to School Information
- 6 June 2021 - Public Communications – Safe Learning Plan Summer 2021 Programs and Activities Guidelines
- 28 May 2021 - Public Communications – Updated COVID-19 Guidelines
- 14 May 2021 - Public Communications – Updated COVID-19 Guidelines
- 7 May 2021 - Public Communications – Updated COVID-19 Guidelines
- 17 February 2021 - Public Communications – Learning Model Change to Affect Grades 7-12
- 22 December 2020 - Public Communications – "Rolling Start" Calendar Dates Announced
- 16 December 2020 - Public Communications – Phased-in Return Communication
- 23 November 2020 - Public Communications – Attendance and Reporting COVID-Related Illness during Distance Learning
- 12 November 2020 – Public Communications - Learning Model Shift Announced
- 9 November 2020 – Public Communications - Learning Model Info and Updates
- 26 October 2020 – Public Communications - Adjusting Learning Models Based on Data
- 18 September 2020 – Public Communications - End of Jordan Virtual Academy and On-Site Enrollment Changes
- 11 September 2020 – Public Communications - COVID-19 Communications and Health and Safety Protocol Reminders
- 26 August 2020 – Public Communications - Health and Safety Roadmap Announcement [UPDATED LINKS]
- 14 August 2020 – Public Communications - "Return to Learn: Orientation Week" Announced (English)(Español)(русский)
- 6 August 2020 – Public Communications - Fall 2020 Academic Roadmap (English)(Español)
- 30 July 2020 – Public Communications - "Safe Learning Plan" Executive Order
DOCUMENTS: PROCESS FOR DEVELOPING GUIDANCE
- Executive Order 20-81 "Face Covering" (July 22, 2020) (PDF)
- Executive Order 20-82 “Safe Learning Plan” (July 30, 2020) (PDF)
- Executive Order 20-94 “Safe Learning Plan Improvement” (November 5, 2020) (PDF)
- State "Safe Learning Plan" Guidance from State (March 12, 2021)(PDF)
- MDE Guidance for Minnesota Public Schools: 2020-21 Planning Guidance for Minnesota Public Schools (March 12, 2021)(PDF)
- MDH 2020-2021 Planning Guide for Schools: Health Considerations (February 17, 2021)(PDF)
- MDH Decision Tree for People with COVID-19 Symptoms (December 21, 2020) (Español)
- MDH COVID-19 COVID-19 Sports Practice and Games Guidance for Youth and Adults (March 14, 2021)(PDF)
- MDH COVID-19 Music Activities and Performances (March 14, 2021)(PDF)
- MSHSL Event and Facility Management Guidance and Information (February 12, 2021)(PDF)