- The ceremony is Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 8pm at the Jordan Athletic Complex (behind the high school) 600 Sunset Drive, Jordan, MN 55352.
- Graduation will be held outside (rain or shine). If the location must be moved indoors we will notify on the district website by 1pm on the day of the ceremony.
- Seniors need to arrive no later than 7:15pm.
- Students will be assigned a room to get lined up for pictures and the graduation ceremony.
- There will be elderly and accessible seating available on the track at the complex.
- Golf carts will be available near each parking lot to assist if needed.
- In the letter sent home there were four tickets. These tickets are only needed in the event that graduation is inside. The tickets are for preferential seating in the middle on the gymnasium floor. There is open seating on the side of the floor and the bleachers, so all guests are welcome.
- At graduation we honor students for their academic achievement. Highest Honors, GPA 4.0 or above = Gold Cord; High Honors, GPA 3.8-3.99 = Silver Cord; GPA 3.5 -3.79, White Cord.
- Students receive a gold National Honor Society stole if they have maintained a 3.667 or higher cumulative GPA, completed an application to become an NHS member, and have completed at least 20 hours of community service during their senior year.
- Zahler Photography will take a formal photo of each graduate inside the school prior to the ceremony.
- Photos will be available for purchase online several weeks after the ceremony. You will be notified via email.
- No obligation to purchase.
Cap, Gown, and Flowers
- Students are able to pick up their cap and gown approximately two weeks prior to graduation and will be notified via email.
- The cap and gown cost is $10 payable to Jostens. Students can bring a check or cash to cover this fee. Students that did not participate in the senior fundraiser will also have a $5 fee for flowers that they carry during the graduation ceremony.
- If you need financial assistance paying this fee, please contact Robin Whiteside at 952-492-4403, firstname.lastname@example.org
- No modifications or embellishments are allowed to the cap, gown, or stole that will be worn during the commencement ceremony. Additionally, non-district issued honor cords are also not allowed during the commencement ceremony. These can be worn during the professional student photo taken in the school prior to the ceremony. They must be removed before the ceremony.
- After the graduation ceremony students must return to their assigned room to turn in their graduation gown. They must also turn in their gold/silver cord (can be purchased upon request) and NHS stole if needed.
- If a student does not owe any fees and has turned in all of their items they will then be given their diploma.
- Students that owe a fee will be directed to the office, they can not receive their diploma until all fees are paid.