This information is intended to provide updates on Jordan Public Schools' response plan to the outbreak of COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. The situation is evolving and information and recommendations are changing daily as new information becomes available.
MDH Preventative Measures
While a new type of illness can be scary, we can protect our students, staff and the broader community by using simple everyday actions that protect people from other types of respiratory or flu-like illnesses.
- Stay home when sick with cold/flu-like symptoms (such as fever, cough, shortness of breath).
- Cover a cough. Cough or sneeze into an elbow or use a tissue and place immediately in the trash.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- 08 May 2020 – MDE Communication - MDE Issues MN Graduation/Commencement Guidance
- 05 May 2020 - Graduate Communications - Principal Issues Plans on Graduation Commencement Ceremony
- 28 April 2020 – Public Communications - Calendar Updates and End of the 2019-2020 Academic School Year Schedule
- 23 April 2020 – Public Communication - Distance Learning continues through end of 2019-2020 academic school year
- 27 March 2020 – Public Communication - Principal/Director Communication regarding Distance Learning
- 25 March 2020 – Public Communication - #StayHomeMN and Distance Learning (PDF)
- 25 March 2020 – Public Communication - MSHSL Spring Activity Participation (PDF)
- 24 March 2020 – Public Communication - School Meal Pick-Up Registration (PDF)
- 24 March 2020 – Public Communication - Emergency and Essentail Workers School Age Care (PDF)
- 17 March 2020 – Public Communication - Student Food Options for Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19 ONLY
- 16 March 2020 – Public Communication - JES School Supply and Grade 3/4 Device Distribution
- 16 March 2020 – Public Healthcare/Emergency Worker Survey #1 - to be answered by 3/17/20 at 8am
- 15 March 2020 – Public Communication #2 (PDF)
- 15 March 2020 – Public Communication #1 (PDF)
- 13 March 2020 – Public Communication (PDF)
- 13 March 2020 – Public Communication - JHS Band Winnipeg Spring Break Trip (PDF)
- 12 March 2020 – Public Communication (PDF)
- 03 March 2020 – Public Communication (PDF)
- 26 February 2020 – Website Communication (PDF)
- Website talking with children about COVID-19 – parent resource
- Video shared with middle and high school students in class regarding preventative measures
- Video shared with elementary students in class regarding hand washing
- Video (CDC) shared with district families in email regarding background on the coronavirus